This is an entry level course intended to teach age appropriate skills necessary to care for children of all ages using team babysitting, mother's helper and individual babysitting concepts. Basic first aid and obstructed airway management for a conscious choking adult/child and infant will be covered. First Aid including adult and child CPR (requires passing written and skills testing to receive 2 year certification)
Instructor: LifeSafe Services Staff
- for youths ages 11 to 17 years with the most common age of 12-14
- focus on safety with emphasis on prevention
- Basic first aid and obstructed airway management for a conscious choking adult/child and infant will be covered
- other topics include hand washing, diapering, bottle feeding, personal safety, interview skills and many more topics
- Booklet, handouts, and Babysitter Safety Certificate of completion included
- Bring a snack
- Please wash hands prior to attending class.
- Face masks are required during class.
- Gloves will be distributed to all participants for class.
- Work stations will be sanitized.
- Social distancing will be practiced.
- Please bring your own water bottle to class.